ACT® Dry Mouth
With a soothing mint flavor and Xylitol, ACT® Dry Mouth Lozenges soothes dry mouth on-the-go.
Did you know that dry mouth affects 10% of all adults and 25% of those over 65?5Douglas, L. M. Managing Xerostommia. Vital 6, 32-34 (1 March 2009), doi 10.1038/vital944
ACT® Dry Mouth Lozenges are specially-formulated with Xylitol and:
- Soothe Dry Mouth
- Moisturize Mouth Tissue
- Freshen Breath
ACT® Dry Mouth Lozenges do not contain fluoride.
Dry Mouth sufferers may fall into any of these categories:
- Patients who take one of more than 400 different medications.6An update of the etiology and management of xerostomia. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pathol Oral Radiol Endod. 2004;97(1): 29-30. 4. Sreenby LM, Schwartz SS. 71) Porter SR, Scully C, Hegarty AM. An update of the etiology and management of xerostomia. Oral Surg Oral Med Oral Pahol Oral Radiol Endod. 2004;97(1): 29-30 2) Sreenby LM, Schwarts SS. A reference guide to drugs and dry mouth – 2nd edition.
- Many commonly prescribed medicines for things like high blood pressure and depression can cause the salivary glands to make less saliva.
- Patients who are elderly. Xerostomia affects 25% of those over 65.
- Patients who are women between the ages of 40 and 60.
- Hormonal changes associated with menopause affect salivary function.8Gerodontology. 1997;14(1):33-37. 5. Agha-Hosseini F, Mirzaii-Dizgah I, Mirjalili N. Relationships of stimulated whole saliva cortisol level with the severity of a feeling of dry mouth in menopausal women. Gerodontology. 20101;15: Epub ahead of print.
- Patients who suffer from auto-immune diseases, including Sjögren’s Syndrome.
- Patients who are receiving head and neck radiation treatment.